Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Moment with Bridezilla

Sailor Mouth. She has been a friend for many years. She makes me laugh. Yet recently, she's making me crazy. The whole fight with the dress shop lady. Wanting to wear tennis shoes under her bridesmaids' dress. And now, telling me she's going to wear jeans and a t-shirt to the rehearsal events. And she tells me this through e-mail:

Me: "I just ordered like $300 worth of dresses to try on for the shower. God, I hope I find at least 2 so I won't have to do this again for the rehearsal!!!" (i'm having serious issues finding a dress for my shower. There'll be no "pick my party dress" ah la sweet miss molly on this blog.)

SM: "what the hell are you doing that for? put on some jeans and a t-shirt. because i won't be super dressed up. sorry traveling, clothes watching how much we pack so we don't pay for all of it" (can you really over pack for a 2 day trip? really?)

Me: "OMG, not jeans! Jeans weigh more than a dress anyway! Slacks at least? Are you and my mother conspiring against me? Do you WANT me to have a meltdown?????????
I want to look pretty damn it! "
(my mother, the dear lady of the era where nylons where worn with EVERYTHING also believes that jeans are ok and in fact wants to wear one of her denim dresses to said rehearsal events. killing. me.)

SM: "um and jeans yes, the only dress pants i own are khaki color and I am sorry but I am on vacation, not at work. besides no one cares what i look like."

Apparently she is missing my freak out above, which clearly indicates that I, in fact, do care what she looks like.
Minor, I know, not even an issue at all when we are looking at W not even attending. I get it. But what you would wear to go shop at Walmart's is NOT acceptable pre-wedding event wear. It's just not.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd END Bridezilla Moment.

On another note, I'm desperate for Bride's Maid gift ideas, HELP DIGITAL FRIENDS, PLEASE HELP ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it's wedding-y without being overwhelmingly so. if you look on craig's list under the discussion board where it says 'wed', there was recently a thread about maid's gifts. one woman had these really cute totes with her maid's names embroidered on them (i think it was only about $12 a bag)and then filled it with some cute stuff, like a bathrobe and candles and aromatherapy junk. i thought it was a cute idea. who needs more jewelry...