Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Slacker Bride Loves Her Mom

I've told you in the past that I've really kind of slacked off on the whole I'M A BRIDE SEE ME PLAN!!! category. It is helping though now that my mom is home from down south. Even though she's bailed on me a few times to babysit my niece and nephew! Undercutting Brother!!!
Ahem, anyway, I've been giving my mom tasks I just don't feel like preforming. (I told you I wasn't feeling bridal!) And so far, she's been more than happy to do them. Put our wedding/engagement announcement in several papers? MOM! Call and make cake tasting appointments? MOM! Fill out ALL of our invites? MOM! (she actually offered to do that one, all on her own, with no prompting from me. go figure.) Anyway, it was during our phone
conversation about the cake tastings that my mom delivered one of her classic lines:

"So, I'll call you and let you know about times and stuff as soon as I make the appointments. Assuming, of course, I can find my phone!" (the pioneer woman my mother is, she had a cell phone years before I did, it is now her only phone.)

"Um, mom? You're on it."

"OMG DH! I think I should start worrying about myself!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Mom turned 68 this spring.
And she still cracks me the hell up!!!

1 comment:

mom2lo said...

LOL! I seriously did just laugh out loud reading this post. I swear your mom and mine are long-lost siblings. My mom turned 60 in January and she has been without her memory and/or common sense for as long as I can remember!

I hope we never turn in to our mothers... at least not regarding this topic! LOL!