Monday, August 25, 2008

Favor Flavor

MIL is stirring the pot. Remember we sent my ring out to get it's mate made? Well, F still hasn't decided what he wants his ring to look like. And MIL is apparently all over his case about it. That he can't get one for now and then upgrade later because once you have your ring, that's it. It is THE ONE FOREVER. (I'm sorry, what makes you have a say in this? I'm the wife to be, if I say it's ok for F to upgrade later, it's O.K. Period.) Telling him he HAS to decide so the Pastor can bless them. (Um, HI! Bride over here! Yes, ME again! Um, I don't recall anyone asking me if I wanted the Pastor of a Church I don't attend or a religion I don't agree with blessing my rings.) And also? It's a ring. Just a ring MIL. Back up off the whole thing, emk? Our marriage isn't based on a ring. I know it is a symbol of our commitment to each other, but that's just it, A SYMBOL.


Merriam Webster:


2: something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance; especially : a visible sign of something invisible


I know in my heart and head, and that in F's heart and head we are committed to each other. And that's what counts.


Not a ring.


She also wants to make the favors for our wedding. The woman who gave me bedazzled slippers wants to assemble my favors. From the other side of the country. Where they could get eaten. Or left behind, or just done WRONG. I know she's not going to like what I want. I know she's going to say it needs to be more. Something people can take home with them, which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I have no problem with MIL being involved in the wedding. F is VERY insistent that she be allowed to do this. Fine. I bought the majority of the supplies this weekend and will assemble one for her to work from along with sending the instructions. I know, I need to stop being a bitch about this. The woman wants to help, and that's very nice of her. I just can't stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong between there and here, between now and then.

Ok, I'm going to stop complaining about someone wanting to help with the wedding. Instead, I'm going to complain about my siblings and their lack of planning ahead. Once I finally did get a hold of New Priest, after F called him as well. I set the time for the rehearsal. Now we all know the wedding is on a Friday. Out of towners are coming in at various times through out the day on Wednesday, so that is not a good day to have it. That leaves Thursday night. When I finally touched base with New Priest I found out that there is another rehearsal scheduled for that evening as well. At 6. So we couldn't get in until 7. Anyway you slice it, things are going to be tight. Dinner before? People are coming from work and not make it on time. Dinner after? Not with little kids around, it'd be too late. So I picked 4:30pm. The Sibs? UP IN ARMS! "I have to work until 4!!!!!!!!!!!" "I don't know if I can make it that early!!!!" " I don't have anymore vacation time to take, so I can't leave early!!!!!!!" Um, hi? I'm just going to point out one little factoid here. You have known about this wedding for a YEAR and A HALF. You should have planned your vacation accordingly.

I'm just sayin.

Am I wrong my digital friends? Am I being too Bridezilla-ie????



Good thing, the invites ARE MAILED. Praise the gods! And thanks to my worker bees, mom and F. F who got so tired of working on them that he put the stamps on the bottom corner of the invite because he had the envelop turned upside down and wasn't paying attention. I think my mom wanted to brain him more than I did. Thank goodness it was only a few.

And special thanks to the co-worker who offered up her office and printer. You saved my ass my friend!!!!

Is it wrong she's not invited to the wedding?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just reserved the rehearsal time for our wedding, 5:00 on Friday, our wedding is saturday. I told one of my bridesmaids and she goes "yeah, you should wait to tell everyone. They are just going to forget anyways and ask you again and again. Oh, by the way, what day is your wedding again?" Um... bridesmaid... i recommend you buy this thing, it is called a calendar, or a white piece of paper, or, or! the paper I gave you with all of the other bridesmaids info on it... and write down the day I am getting married! Thanks :)
(Thank you for giving me somewhere to vent about this, I needed it :) And good luck with the MIL. I know if my FMIL, who is on the other side of the country, asked to put together, well, anything for the wedding, i would have a really hard time letting go too)