"I have to agree with F...you come across as really judgmental and need to get over yourself. Everything you write is with such a negative outlook or criticizing someone or something. It makes you sound like you're constantly a victim and the whole world is against you. Your blog is basically a daily pity party for yourself.
Give the teenager a break for crying out loud. Were you never a kid in love? Did you never do stupid stuff? You write as if you think you're perfect and everyone else is wrong. And don't tell me to stop reading your blog. I will continue to do so...it's like my little form of self torture. I have hope for you though because I always think...maybe...just maybe...she'll write something positive for once in her life."
Some of you may have read Anonymous’ little comment from the other day. Along with her follow-up response to Sassy Two Socks. I know many other Bloggers wonder how, if at all, to respond to negative Anonymous comment leavers (i'm sorry but including your name without a link is STILL anonymous). Calling attention to them may some how give them a sense of validation. If it helps them feel better about themselves, I’m happy to help. Plus, you know, it gives me something to write about.
I do feel the need to clarify or counter point a few things.
1) I am judgmental. And so are you (pot? kettle?) and so is just about everyone else in the world. From a few small snips of my life you have decided that I have a negative outlook, do nothing but criticize and that I feel I am a victim where the whole world is against me. Truly, profound of you. Nonetheless, incorrect. I’m not sure how sharing things that happen to me is asking for pity. I’m simply telling a story by sharing my thoughts and feelings. I know that I am a small fish in a world wide pond, and certainly don’t have the narcissism required to think the world gives two shakes about me. (I realize that statement right there may sound like I’m looking for pity, I’m not. I’m stating the truth. No pity involved/needed.)
2) I have never in my life thought I was a victim. Oh, wait, I’ll take that back. When I was in middle school playing at an away game someone came into the guest locker room while we were out on the floor and stole our entire teams’ jewelry. That time I and 11 other girls were victims of someone’s greed and meanness. So wow, yeah, I guess I am a victim. Maybe I never recovered from that incident and have carried it with me into my adult life and let it affect every aspect of it! (it’s called sarcasm, look it up.)
3) I have done stupid stuff, like allowing Anonymous comments (if anyone can tell me, can you block those?) (I’m asking for help, not pity, just clarifying) Drank til I puked at a frat house in the trash can they were using to collect empty cans.(embarrassing) Mixed my liquor with beer. (very bad idea) However, I have NEVER chased after a boy who very clearly did not want my affection. I was raised by my parents, and most especially my older sisters and brother to respect myself. When it involves the opposite sex, you don’t waste your time, emotions, heart, and dignity on someone who treats you like dirt. I learned this lesson long before I was ever a teenager. This is the lesson I wanted to share with Towel Girl(she was in a public area, therefore she was making HER business MINE and everyone else's business). And yes, I made a JUDGMENT from her behavior (have I never mentioned I have a psych degree? No? Well I DO.) that she might need something a bit more attention grabbing than a sweaty 30something walking up to her and telling her boys are stupid and to not waste her time. Hence the smacking.
4) I know I’m not perfect. I believe I’ve even said so, somewhere in my Blog. If not, I'll say it now, for the record, I am not perfect, never claimed to be, never expect to be because only GOD is perfect. And I don’t believe EVERYONE is wrong, just a very large portion of everyone.
5) I was unaware that stating that I love my mother, my husband, my siblings and my friends was negative. Or telling people to vote is negative. Or telling people it’s wrong to lie is negative. Or sharing how touched I was by my mom giving me my something blue to wear is negative. Or telling people that their zipper is wide open in public is negative. Or getting angry about tainted formula and dying babies is negative. Although I suppose anger can be viewed as negative, so you're right maybe I should have not said anything about innocent babies being killed by money hungry bastards. (oops! again with the negative! silly me.) Or sharing my embarrassment over melted cheese burning my boob is negative. But I could be wrong. Or maybe the personality test is wrong. Or maybe you just don’t get my sarcasm and humor. Actually, that last one is not a maybe, it's a reality.
6) You’re bossy. Telling me what I can and can not do concerning, um, MY OWN BLOG. Wow. Self important much? I also find it extremely telling that you don't give myself and what readers I may have a chance to peruse your blog, assuming you have one, because you commented ANONYMOUSLY. Hence shielding yourself from the same sort of negative comments you so freely leave here.
And yes, the name of MY Blog isn't Unicorns and Flowers, or Cotton Balls and Bunnies. It's about how being an adult can suck. Sometimes it sucks more than others. Sometimes, it doesn't suck at all. Usually though, the stuff that sucks is the most entertaining.
7) I think you might be a bit of a masochist. I mean seriously, “…....it's like my little form of self torture.” Falls right in with the definition: gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.
And since I’m not a sadist, I AM going to tell you to STOP reading my Blog. I don’t want to give you an easy way to indulge your masochist tendencies.
I will never understand why anyone would continue to read something they don't like. Why? Why would you do it? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Unless it was required for a class or something. There have been Blogs that I quit reading because I didn't care for their content. It IS a choice. Don't blame me for the choice you make in reading my Blog.
8) So maybe, just maybe........you'll get it that I'm not posting to please you, or anyone else for matter.