Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This Is Why It Sucks *UPDATED*

Adulthood sucks.
My blog was originally based on this theory, and it seems that perhaps maybe we've gotten away from that. So I'm gonna take us back.
Remember we rented my house? And Tenant was working out well, saving the basement and all, but now? Now, Tenant is on the shit list. Tenant is late with the rent. The rent was due on the 27th, it's the 4th. The Tenant called me on the 27th so he could drop it off while we were out of town. I told him to take it to the neighbor's. He never did.
F called him, he said he put it in the mail. It didn't come.
Now F wants to go to the house and confront him.
I find this scary.
Like seriously scary.
What if Tenant freaks out?
What if Tenant hurts F?
Too much.
This sucks.

****UPDATE******
Tenant sent the money, MONDAY, not Wednesday of last week like he said, and I'm kinda hacked off that he lied to us. However, he's in the process of placing his 85 yr old mother in Hospice. ( we have no way of confirming this.) So we are letting him slide, this time, on the late fees. Let us hope there won't be another time.

2 comments:

April said...

I used to work for a guy who owned 11 rental properties. It was my job to keep track of who paid rent and who didn't. Did you have a contract with late fees after 5 days? I have no idea what the laws are in your state, but send him an eviction letter. If he does not pay, start eviction proceedings. Here it only costs $100 to file an eviction and if it goes to court, he has to pay the court fees. Email me if you need anymore info. I also have a copy of an eviction letter I will send you. Just let me know.

Stacey said...

i'm so glad! i thought it might be something like that...even mailing my bills on time, I have had some that took more than a week to arrive. can't wait to hear more about your wedding!