Monday, July 21, 2008

You Look Like A Monkey and Smell Like One Too

Morning of my Birthday:

F: “DH, I’m leaving, I’m late for work, bye hon *kiss*.”
Me: “Ok, be careful. *kiss* ” (at this point I’m still in bed.)
He leaves the house but then sticks his head back inside the side door and yells to me:
F: “Where are the bananas I bought the other day?”
Me: “Outside.”
F: “Outside???!!!! Where outside?”
Me: “On the table.”
F: “Why are they outside on the table?”
Me: “Because they were rotting and making my car smell.” (he’d taken my car and left the bananas in there, stinkin up the place.)

Realizing he’s late for work I let it slide that he failed to wish me a happy birthday.

I reach work and open several birthday e-cards from friends and family. I receive cards, and even PRESENTS from co-workers!

10:30 AM my cell rings, its F.

F: “Hey, how do you get to X from A?”

Me: “Um, take the expressway.”
F: “To where?”
Me: “I don’t know, I’m not sure where X is located in town.”
F: “Can you ask someone who would know?”
Me: “Yes. So you called me to ask me how to get to X?”
F: “Yep.”
Me: “Emm, and is that the ONLY reason you called?”
F: “Yeah.”
Me: “Emmmhmmmmph.”
F: * Silence* “OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DH!!!”
Me: “Uh, thanks.”


2:30 PM My cell rings, it’s my mother.
Mom: “HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOOOOOOUUUUU!” (she sings the whole song)
Me: “THANKS MOM!!!!”
Mom: “The only reason I remember to call you is because your niece called me to ask if I was coming to visit her.” (my niece shares my birthday.)
Me: “Oh.”

What is that all about??? The 2 people who should remember my birthday completely blanked. What does it all mean??????????

3 comments:

GM said...

I forget most people's birthdays with the exception of my daughter's. I even forget my wife's usually. But I typically remember at some point during the day. I will actually remember that it is someone's birthday the day before and then forget the day of.

mom2lo said...

I totally feel your pain! I hit the big 3-0 in May. My mom was wonderful to call me at 7:46 AM (the time I was born) to sing the full Happy Birthday song to me (just like yours!). I then received a few emails from friends and family. It literally wasn't until after lunch some time that my husband wished me a happy birthday. I think I had counted and he was the 5th person to do so. I was shocked since, after all, it was a BIG birthday, and he freakin' lives with me! He should've been the first! Ugh.

Men.

April said...

You need to remind him a few days before. And then again the day before. And then again on the day maybe. There's no shame in being helpful. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

(Oh, and I LOVE the dress your mom picked!!)