Friday, July 11, 2008

Insert *Eye Roll* Here

On the phone with F:



ME: "I'm going to order our invites. Should I use my credit card or the AmEx?"



F: "What difference does it make? How much is it going to cost?"



ME: "About $300."



F: "WHOA! is that for....what?"



ME: "It's for 100 pieces, invites."



F: "So we're spending $300 to invite people to the wedding??!!?!?!?!?!"



ME: "Yes." (I wasn't about to tell him to add another $150 or so for postage.....mailing to the Home Land is extra extra too......)



F: "Can we just send them an e-invite??"



ME: "*sigh."



F: "I'm serious!! Just send out an e-mail."



Me: "NO. No,we can not send out e-mails, that wouldn't go over very well. Now which card should I use?"



F: "Fine. Use the AmEx."



ME: "Ok. Bye."



An e-vite? To OUR WEDDING!?!?!?! Now that's Klassy.

2 comments:

April said...

*Rolling my eyes with you*

Men. They don't get it. I just found a box with all of our RSVP's from our wedding. Yes. I saved them all. It was totally worth all the money we spent on the invitations. See! They can be a memento too! You can't do that with e-vites.

mom2lo said...

Wow. That was quite a convo! Sorry, but F was being totally lame here. It's almost as if you guys weren't even speaking the same language or participating in the same conversation! LOL!

Ya, um, since, like, hubs and I, uh... set our wedding date like a month out and, uh, didn't have but, like, 4 weeks to let all of our friends and family know about it, um, we, uh... um, we sent out our invitations via email ((shameful look)). If it makes it less cheesy, I had an invitation created, then scanned it and emailed it. Still, not at all what I would have imagined for my wedding invitation, but since we decided (at the last minute) to get married while hubs' family was in town for Thanksgiving, I didn't have a choice.

Sigh.