Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ms. Snippy

Let me just start off by saying I've worked with these people for over 10yrs, so all the things that bother me now, have been building for the last 10yrs.

A few years after I started this job we(the students, I was a student when I started) decided that a potluck would be fabulous to have to celebrate some holiday. It went over amazingly. So imagine my surprise when Ms. Snippy slams into me about having another one when the next holiday rolls around.
"What makes you think everyone wants to have another one?! You didn't even ASK us if we want to participate! You just put up a sign up sheet!!!!"

I was of course speechless, especially since the potluck wasn't my idea. I think I told her she didn't have to bring anything if she didn't want to.

Over the years there has been many complaints about birthdays and who should bring what and who should buy what. I'm still holding out for us not doing anything, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

So, yesterday Ms. Snippy stops by my cube and informs me(not asks) that, "Tomorrow is our Boss' birthday. Ms. Nosey is making the cupcakes, and I got a card and am going to pick up flowers. So that'll be a few dollars each."

I beg your pardon?!?!?! Did you ASK me if I wanted to participate in this? And YOU are just ASSuming that I'm willing to chip in for flowers????!!!!!
And then when they decided it was time to give said items to the Boss, they just barged into her office, WHILE SHE WAS ON THE PHONE. That was a BUSINESS call no less.

Is it just me?
Am I just a cranky 30-something?
Or are these women just out of line?

No comments: