Friday, June 12, 2009

No Lunch For Me, GAG

My co-worker friend and I were on our way to lunch. I was driving. In my peripheral vision I saw a black cat build up speed as it approached the 4 lane road. It made it past the first on coming car and the first lane, but the second car in the next lane over was not paying attention to said cat and it's road crossing attempt, and nailed it in the head/neck area. My co-worker friend and I had front row seats to this gruesome scene as this all occurred a few hundred feet in front of us. We both gagged as we drove by the cat and it's hind legs flopped and spasmed in the last moments of death, I hope, and not in a ditch effort attempt to regain it's footing.

"Oh god, oh god." we both moaned.

"Jesus, don't look back! Oh man, DO NOT look back." I directed her as I made that mistake myself.

"I'm not! God."

"I don't think I can eat lunch now. UGH."

"Me neither."

"I don't even like cats, and god, that just, god that poor cat."

"I know, I don't either. I so DID NOT need to see that."

We drove the rest of the way in silence.

We managed to eat lunch and did not speak of the incident again.



No animal should meet such an end. And I truly hope that the owner of said cat will not lays on it and just assume that it ran away never to be seen again.

This is one of the reasons why I am so against allowing pets to run free. You spare yourself the heartache and spare everyone else the repugnant experience of watching your pet's demise.

2 comments:

mom2lo said...

((gag))

I'm not a cat fan, nor am I a fan of seeing any kind of animal lying dead on the side of the road. I can't even begin to grasp the idea of actually SEEING said animal meet his doom. Eeew!

Anonymous said...

Oh ew.

A twitchy squirrel once put me off my tea for good. I sat at the table just staring at my food and I couldn't do it.