Thursday, April 09, 2009

I Don't Think It Calls for That

Me: "F, can you make potatoes to go with the roast for tonight?"

F: "Yes. Do they have to be the fake instant kind?"

Me: "haha, dude if you want to put the effort into making real mashed potatoes, knock yourself out."

F: "Ok, where are the potatoes?"

Me: "Either in the cabinet or on the counter."

F: "And I peel and boil the potatoes and then add milk and mayonnaise, right?"

Me: "MAYONNAISE!!!!!! GAG! NO!!! BUTTER!!!"

F: "Mayonnaise INSTEAD of your butter."

Me: "Eewww, no, why would you!?"

F: "Whatever weirdo, I'll see you tonight."

Me: "Gross. Freak. See you later."

Needless to say he didn't put the effort into REAL mashed potatoes, we had some extremely thick instant potatoes.
I am not a fan of Mayo. It reminds me of lard. Or grease. So I do not use it unless the recipe calls for it. Over the years I've actually come to like a very light, VERY LIGHT amount on a toasted/grilled sandwich. But other than that, I use it not! However, since I was still hung up on mayo in my beloved potatoes, I Googled it, and I'll be damned if there aren't recipes out there that call for Mayo to make your mashed potatoes "creamy".
I would use cream cheese or sour cream first before using mayo, but hey, to each his own.
Learn something new everyday.

2 comments:

Poor Lucky Me said...

Butter is the insta-delicious maker, why would you use ANYTHING instead of butter? It just doesn't make sense.

DevilsHeaven said...

My Point. EXACTLY.