Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reflections of me

I looked in the mirror this morning while doing my make-up and did not recognize the face staring back. The hair seemed darker, the nose looked fatter, the cheeks were puffier, the eyes had sunken dark circles under them, the chin was thicker. I was shocked. Slightly horrified. What had happened to me? What is going on? Why do I look this way? And what the hell can I do to change it? I blinked. It didn't go away. I stared a little harder at myself, and I think for the first time in my life, I saw my age. My REAL age. I've never felt my age. When I was a kid, I felt I was too old for my age, as I got older, I've felt I am too young for my age.
If this is what my real age is going to be, I prefer the denial.
Mirror Mirror on the wall, what the hell has happened to it all?

No comments: