Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Color of Money

I woke up hungry and convinced myself on the ride into work that if I didn't stop at McDonald's I'd die before lunch. McDonald's is pretty much, literally across the street from us, more kiddy-corner, but anyway, I HAVE to drive by it on my into the office. I made the decision on the highway off ramp and swung the truck into the drive-thru. You know my one true breakfast love from McDonald's is the #6, Bacon, egg, cheese MCGRIDDLE, heaven and death in a hand sized bundle, oj, no coffee, PLEASE! I roll up to the drive-thru pay window and hand over my $20 spot. (amazing, I had cash on me! plus, most ATMs don't give out 10s anymore.) Last time I was there, the cashier did the whole "light test" where she held it up to the light looking for the little strip thingie. I thought that was a bit much for a $20, but what do I know? I'm no longer in the retail business, so I don't know, counterfeiting might be hitting McD's hard. This time? This time she scanned my $20 with some thing. SCANNED IT. BOTH SIDES. I couldn't believe it! What is that all about? Where can I get me one of those? And what does it say about the area I work in that McD's is scanning the CASH, yo?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be happy you passed. Otherwise you'd be digging through the ashtray for enough change to eat that tasty McGriddle.

DevilsHeaven said...

True true.