Monday, March 08, 2010

COOL! But, Maybe Not

So Yahoo keeps showing me this ad for an Asian super secrect hair thickening system. I finally clicked on it when I noticed it was offering a FREE TRIAL!!!!!!  The site comes up and I see this picture:



Hmmm, me thinks that is NOT the same head, but, really what harm could it do? My hair is fine. Not fine and is good, but fine as in thin. This is ancient world knowledge boosted by new techonology.

Kaou (White Peony Tea) Known as the "King of all flowers" for its ability to soothe and condition the scalp.
Niiro Cha (Rooibos Red Tea)Middle Asian tea leaf stimulates circulation to scalp and hair follicles for enhanced brilliance.
Yuzu (Japanese Citrus Extract) Central to the Japanese Winter Solstice bathing ritual.
Promotes lasting shine and radiance.
Yuri (Water Lily) Centuries-old Asian remedy calms and soothes the scalp, especially with irritation due to hair styling products.
Tsubaki (Camellia Oil) Once reserved only for Geishas and Samurai. Legendary for advanced moisturizing and fortifying with increased length and volume.

Cool looking bottles:


Gently yet powerfully remove impurities With Pro Foam L amino acids for repair
All-Natural Shine and Fullness

Testimonals!

"My hair was smoother and shinier within the first few days. I saw new hair growth where I had started to recede. I feel more vibrant and confident. Plus, my hair is easier to style than before."
- Mona L., Fulton, MO

"I love OOKISA! This all-natural product promotes hair growth and makes hair look shinier, fuller and healthier. I noticed more brilliance and thickness."
- Kellie J., Piedmont, AL

I was all ready to enter my credit card info until I read what the *astrik next to the "FREE" meant:

* Your FREE Trial of OOKISA™ includes a full 60-day supply for just $5.95 in shipping and processing. You will have 30 days to try OOKISA™ and discover why it is the perfect hair care system for you. If you like how this system makes you look younger with more youthful looking hair, do nothing – at the end of your free-trial period you will be billed the discounted price of $89.95. If for any reason the collection is not for you, call OOKISA™ Customer Care toll-free at 877-466-5472 within your 30-day free-trial period to cancel. Then simply return the product (even if it is empty!) and you will NEVER be billed. No commitments, no hassles.

NINETY BUCKS??!?!?!?! PLUS Shipping and Handling??? DUDE!!!!!  I realize the 30 day trial is free. But when you consider that it will take a week to get to you, and another week to send it back in order to meet the 30 days, all you get is 2 weeks. Unless of course you are sneaky and dishonest and empty the contents into different containers and send back the empties...........

Not that I would EVER consider doing that.

1 comment:

SassyTwoSocks said...

Um... totally not the same person... look at the skin tone! It's like a Latina and an Asian... boo!