Saturday, January 02, 2010

Pass the Speed Stick

No matter the time of day, time of year, or type of office, without fail, EVERY SINGLE TIME I enter the doctor's office, someone has B.O. Yes, it's true. Sad, but true. And I've narrowed it down to the elderly. I have no idea at what age showering becomes optional, but it apparently does. Most commonly with the men. It happened with my grandfather, even though my grandmother did her best to make him bathe. I just find it odd that it is so prevalent at the doctor's office. I always try to make sure that I'm showered and freshly deodorant-ed before leaving for an appointment. And do the doctors notice? If I smell it the minute I open the office door, how can they NOT smell it when enclosed in 10 X 8 room? Don't they say anything?? Like, "Part of general health is general hygiene."??? Who doesn't feel better after showering?


And no matter where I sit in the office waiting room, I can smell it. And smelling B.O. when you already don't feel well? GAG reflex anyone?? I feel bad for these people. I really do. I count on F to tell me when I stink. Because yes; there are times when I can't smell myself. Far and few between, but it happens. And usually it is maybe a day old funk, or end of day funk, I shower daily, sometimes twice daily. So like I said, it happens rarely. But these people I'm smelling in the dr.'s office? Their smell is more than day old funk. It is SEVERAL days’ worth of funk. I just don't understand it. Especially when the wife is sitting there, hair done, make-up on, and the hubby is smelly. It boggles my mind, it truly does.




No comments: