Monday, February 16, 2009

Just Being Nice?

After having visited The Homeland I found my Facebook account full of, well, new faces. All of F's second cousins, all in their 20's, are on FB. One cousin in particular is constantly making comments about how nice I look in the pics I post. Very flattering, true. But you know, how you get that twinge? That little alarm bell that tells you maybe, just maybe he's being more than just nice??
Mine is going off.
I think F's cousin is flirting with me.
Via Facebook.
But I'm not sure.
I've tried to chalk it up to the fact that English is 1 of like 6 languages he speaks, and he's just not using the proper words. But that hasn't quieted my little alarm bell. Granted he is thousand of miles away, and this should in no way make me feel uncomfortable, but it does.
Generally, I love a good flirt session.
But I'm married now.
And flirting is not allowed.
Be I flirtee, or flirter.
It's just weird. He is a very nice guy. We got along well whenever we were visiting. He speaks English, so naturally I looked forward to having someone to talk to. And there were a couple of times when my little alarm bell would give out a ring or two while we were actually IN The Homeland, but I didn't really catch on to that until AFTER we got back and I started reading my FB comments and putting it all together.
What's a girl to do?
Of course I'm going to let it go. It's nothing. I'm crazy.
Shhhhh, little alarm bell, shhhhhhhh..............

No comments: