Since so many men say they can’t read minds, including my husband, I put together a list of potential Christmas presents. I was trying to be helpful, especially because he told me rather recently that he never knows what to get me. (Despite the fact that I supply him a list each year.)
Here is the e-mail exchange AFTER he received and reviewed my list:
E-mail from F: “Subject: I take it that this is your xmas list?”
My response: “Yes”
His response: “Wow that is some list… not too sure about #1… nope to #2… maybe to #3…. Yes to #4, #5, #6 and absolutely surprised about #7… what if I already bought you something, should I take it back???”
Here is the list he is referring to:
1) A puppy(seriously, I am ready for a dog.)
2) Steak Dinner at [redacted] Steak House (high end steak place I’ve been dying to try)
3) Go see the Mary Poppin’s play in [redacted]
4) Go see The Nut Cracker somewhere
5) Adaptor for my CD player
6) A new bathrobe (I also asked for this last year, I got a digital camera instead)
7) Digital Video camera (if he is willing to buy a regular camera, why not a video camera??)
My response: “Why NO to #2?????
Of course you don't have to take it back. Of course you can use the list to ADD to it.....................”
His response: “#2 is not a gift… it’s something we can do as a dinner for ourselves…(ok, sweet, I’ll give him that. Now if it actually happens, that will be monumental) Will think about it…”
Ok, cool, that he thinks it is a dinner we can do together, but I’ve been telling him I want to go there for a year now. We still have not gone. Now I’m dying to see what I get. Did he really already get me something?? The suspense is going to kill me!
Last year in order to throw me off, he wrapped up two of his dirty t-shirts and placed them under the tree. You can imagine my surprise and confusion when I opened those.
He thought it was a great joke.
His mother, however, did not.